Sunday, February 1, 2015

Flurry

I just finished finished my second project of the year.  It is from Pat Sloan's Aurifil designer challenge for 2015.  The January designer of the month was Gudrun Erla of GE Designs.  She introduced us to the cutest mini quilt called Flurry.  I pulled out my boxes of fabric and decided to go with a solid light turquoise and white on white polka dot fabric.
 Next it was time to pick out thread.  I already had a nice Aurifil white thread but I needed a turquoise of some sort.  Unfortunately,  the quilt shops closest to me do not carry this brand of thread so I had to look online.  Sometimes ordering online can be tricky and the color I chose actually ended up being slightly darker than I wanted, but I decided to just go for it.
Now I needed a plan so out came the Plexiglas and dry erase markers.  

 After I started quilting I wasn't quite happy with what I had came up with.  I didn't like the back and forth wiggles in the white blocks or the swirl/scrolls in the blue.
So I went with a more dot-to-dot quilting approach.

Finished Front
 Finished Back


3 comments:

im4jesuswvsp said...

Looks good

QuiltShopGal said...

Beautiful quilt and gorgeous free-motion quilting. Thanks for sharing how you planned out your quilting. #CreativeGoodness

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Unknown said...

This looks great! Lovely quilting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...