Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Globetrotting Finished

Back in November I asked my husband to help me pick out fabric for Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM.  He actually loves playing with colors as much as I do and this is what we came up with.
Then it was to the drawing board and searching for just the right Aurifil threads so that I could get started on the quilting.  
I probably have about 12-14 hours of quilting on this project.  This was the first time I attempted to keep track of how much time I spend on quilting.  I started with the middle section first figuring it was better to get it out of the way.
Next it was on to tackling the surrounding blocks.  


The strip of sashing separating the two center blocks of each row is slightly wider than the other sashing.  I remembered a great tutorial by Kathleen at Kathleen Quilts on quilting flying geese into a quilt and thought this would be perfect to highlight these areas.
And of course no project can be considered complete until the project manager has given his approval.
This is the finished quilt.  It feels good to say finished!  


2 comments:

Jenn Nusbaum said...

It is super! Great job!

im4jesuswvsp said...

Your blogs are great. Keep it up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...