Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mystery Quilt

Back in January while doing a search for quilt-a-longs I stumbled on to the Gold Coast Quilter's Guild website.  For the first four months of 2015 their guild was participating in a mystery quilt.  I decided to jump right in and give it a try.

January brought the supply list along with several hints on how to pick out fabrics that would look nice in this project.  Following the suggestions I weeded through my stash to come up with these fabrics.

The only thing I knew for sure was that this quilt was going to be colorful.  I'm not even sure where or why I picked up the hot pink paisley.

February and March brought the two blocks of the quilt and both went together very quickly.  Which is exactly what I needed.  
February Block

March Block

Though I must make a confession about March's block.  In my head I was thinking about sewing four patch blocks together so I didn't pay attention to my fabric placement.  In my head you could just turn the block the way you needed it.  However, placement mattered; a little seam ripping time was needed to correct this mistake and make all my blocks the same.

April finally revealed the quilt layout and the finished project!



I'll be honest, with my color choices I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the finished top...but I love it!  All those bright colors make me so happy.  Maybe that's why bought the hot pink fabric?  Hopefully I can start quilting on it soon.  I see myself and this book

spending some time together while I wait for my thread to arrive.

1 comment:

Claire said...

That is a very positive outcome for a mystery quilt. I love the Shape By Shape book. Looking forward to seeing it quilted. Claire aka knitnkwilt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...