Thursday, October 22, 2015

2016 The Quilter's Planner

**As an update to this post:  Watermelon Taffy didn't actually make it into the 2015 The Quilter's Planner as planned, but the tutorial can still be found on my Tutorial page.  The Quilter's Planner is a wonderful tool and contains the works of many talented bloggers that I am happy to call friends and I hope you will check it out.**


Stephanie from Late Night Quilter completely made my day 100% happier when she sent an email Tuesday to let me know that my pattern for the Watermelon Taffy Block would be included as one of the 52 free blocks in her upcoming 2016 The Quilter's Planner.


I read the email twice and did a happy dance.  Ten months ago when I started my quilt blogging adventure I would have never dreamed that I would write a pattern for a block, let alone be included in an amazing project such as this one.  So a huge thank you to Stephanie for all of her hard work on this project and also allowing me to contribute!

Now let's talk a bit more about this planner.  I think quilters fall into two distinct categories; extremely detailed and organized or hot-mess chaos.  I can admit that I fall into the later category.  If you love details and making sure everything in your life is organized this book will allow you to do that in one great convenient place.  This is the book for you.  If you are a hot-mess of chaos, like me, this book will provide an opportunity to get your thoughts down in a organized fashion and keep track of all the things you forget to do.  This book IS for you.



Let's talk about all the great things that she's included in this planner:

Monthly and Weekly Calendars


Prompts for goal setting (a study shows people who wright down their goals accomplish more)

Project planning pages

Graph paper, space to practice free motion quilting and savings swatches

A reference section for quilting calculations and common piecing techniques 

52 original quilt block designs (from various bloggers like me) and 8 full quilt patterns from Cheryl Brickey (Meadow Mist Designs), Yvonne Fuchs (Quilting Jetgirl), Amy Garro (13 Spools), Lee Heinrich (Freshly Pieced), Mandy Leins (Mandalei Quilts), Pat Sloan (Pat Sloan), Kitty Wilkin (Night Quilter) and of course Stephanie (Late Night Quilter) herself. 

And art work pull-outs by Kelsey Boes (Lovely and Enough)


The Quilter's Planner 2016 became available for pre-order on October 22 on Indiegogo and should ship out sometime in December (early January at the latest).  I know I already have mine pre-ordered and am looking forward to a more organized and productive 2016,  thanks to all of Stephanie's hard work.





P.S.  Don't forget to check out the Dog Gone Cute Blog hop going on every Tuesday and Thursday this month.  I day on the hop has come and gone but you can check it out here.









1 comment:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Tish, I love your WatermelonTaffy block. I have put it on my 'Quilt Blocks' pinterest board cover. x Teje

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...